Today, Scanmarket released its latest eAuction statistics report for the first quarter of 2019.
The data comes from an analysis of eAuction activity across all customers, industries and geographies on the Scanmarket platform.
As always, this is an excellent source of information for eSourcing leaders to highlight areas where there is current market opportunity to generate volume and savings.
Some of the highlights from Q1 include:
- Activity in Construction & Repair is way up, with this category being the most active area on the Scanmarket platform
- Industrial machinery made the "Top 10" list at #4 despite not even having been on the list in 2018
- Savings in Retail non-food are up substantially to >13%
- Savings on Marketing materials are also up significantly reaching almost 29%
- Packaging Materials is generating savings again, an average of almost 19%, after this category took a dive in the last quarter of 2018
- Total average savings are up by 3.01% compared to last quarter of 2018
We hope that this information is useful to you as you build your sourcing pipelines. If you'd like to see more statistics click here. For more information, be sure to reach out to your Scanmarket account manager or contact us.