Scanmarket’s Director of Strategic Alliances, Glenn Danielsen and Maersk Group's Director of Digital Procurement, Jacob Gorm Larsen hosted a webinar on Maximizing the Impact of Supplier Selection Using eAuctions to provide a high-level overview of e-auctions and their value in the procurement process.
Glenn began his portion with the foundation of e-auctions by breaking it down to the basics:
- What are e-auctions?
- Why are they growing popularity around the world?
- How did the pandemic affect e-auction use? What are current trends and perspective long-term impacts?
- Significance to the bottom-line for both indirect and direct spend
- Key categories seeing the highest savings with eAuctions
- The importance of data security in the digital transformation for procurement processes
- Hot tips and best practices for optimal results
- Overcoming stakeholder objections
- How to encourage a-auction adoption throughout an organization
- His experience implementing e-auctions in his company
- Helpful tips and tricks
To end the webinar, the pair discussed the current role of artificial intelligence (AI) in an increasingly digital world, and the value of transitioning from manual methods to an automated software. They concluded that software ensures the step-by-step tracking, transparency, easy knowledge transfer and a streamlined process for time and resource savings.
This is just one in a long line of informational webinars Scanmarket hosts in an effort to educate the community of procurement professionals. Embrace the digital age by transforming your approach to strategic sourcing to increase process efficiencies with even higher returns.